What happens when you pair chicken cutlets with pizza toppings? Winner, winner, chicken dinner! These pizza chicken roll-ups are filled with pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce. A dish the whole family will become a fan of! There is a novel way to snack on pizza. These Pizza Roll-Ups are the superior homemade alternative to those classic 90’s frozen pizza bites.
Bonus, you don’t have to place them in your freezer because I’m damn sure that pepperoni, tortillas, and mozzarella sticks stay fine in the fridge for pretty much forever, so you can roll up a small portion whenever you want. PIZZA PARTY!
This recipe is a fun idea to fulfill your pizza cravings without all the carbs. And this pizza chicken is the best alternative! Here we have the toppings that work: pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, and mozzarella cheese. Feel free to whisk it up with anything you like on your pizza. So Just like a pepperoni pizza but with more chicken flavor and fewer carbs! The chicken is extraordinarily moist and tender while the filling is meaty and cheesy.
- 4 ounces each boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 pepperoni slices
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Lay three slices of pepperoni and one slice of cheese on each. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 11×7-in. baking dish. Spoon pizza sauce over top.
- Enclose and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Uncover; top with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes extra or until cheese is melted. If desired,grill a minute or two to brown cheese slightly.
Nutrition Facts- 1 roll-up: 344 calories, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g fat (9g saturated fat)37g protein.
A healthy version of a favorite classic, these Pizza Chicken Roll-Ups are only 344 calories and actually taste like pizza! Full of mozzarella, chicken breast, pepperoni, and veggies!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!