This keto tandoori chicken is marinated in yogurt infused with aromatic spices, before being oven baked until lightly charred on the outside but soft and succulent in the center.
Marinate the chicken in the yogurt before cooking. This recipe is completed within a minimum of two hours but is best done overnight. The dish is ideally accompanied by our keto raita dip!
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Legs 4 pieces
- One tsp garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger crushed
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Chili Powder
- Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic crushed
- one tsp Ginger crushed
- one teaspoon Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- half teaspoon Cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- half teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Lemon Juice
- Slice 4 to 5 slits in each piece of chicken.
- Combine together all ingredients in the first marinade and rub over the chicken legs, ensuring that some marinate gets into the slits. Use disposable gloves to perform this step.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the second marinade and pour over the chicken.
- Knead the second marinade all over the chicken and leave to marinate in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 190C/374F.
- Line the pieces of chicken on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the chicken pieces for half an hour, to get crisp.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime.
Serving: 170g | Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 30g
Tandoori Chicken is a hugely renowned Indian dish adored all around the World and this Keto Tandoori Chicken recipe is just as tasty but low carb. We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!