Indian Saag is a creamy saporous Indian dish that is a superior take-out dish ideal for lunch or dinner. Saag is a delectable North Indian dish, we’ve dropped the carbs and made our own Keto Saag Curry. It’s better than we’ve had in restaurants!
This effortless Indian curry recipe is loaded with spinach and spices. It’s a healthy low-carb curry, perfect for dinner or lunch. You can add chicken or paneer in your keto saag recipe.
You can also replace chicken with paneer for keto saag vegetarian-friendly. Saag is made best with lots of ghee and whipping cream that will help me meet the fat requirement for the Keto diet.
- 300 gm Mustard leaf (Sarson a saag)
- 100 gm spinach
- 125 gm onion finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 25 gm tomato, half tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 3 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds
- 2 dried red chili (Shimla Mirchi) (optional)
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- Dice the mustard leaf and spinach into small pieces
- Warm a pan and add the leaves. Prepare the leaves for 4 to 5 minutes until it shrinks and becomes soft.
- Create a paste of the leaves in a grinder.
- In the pan, warm 2 tablespoons of ghee and adjoin the fenugreek seed and dried red chili
- Adjoin onion, ginger, garlic and cook it for 3 to 4 min
- Put in tomato, red chili powder, coriander powder and cook it for 3 more minutes
- Combine the paste of the leaves and mix it with the spices.
- Cook it until the water pours out and the spices mix together
- Sprinkle Salt and Sugar to taste
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon of heavy cream and mix it
- In the end, adjoin 1 tablespoon of ghee and serve the saag
Serving: 150g | Calories: 385 cal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!