Carrots are uncomplicated to love, specifically in this keto roasted carrot soup recipe. They’re sugary, mellow in flavor, and have a wonderful texture whether they’re raw, cooked, or pureed in a soup like this. When you lather the carrots without overcooking them, they exhibit a natural savory flavor and creamy texture. This soup is one you’ll want to make regularly this winter!
After the carrots smoothen in the pan, they get firmly cooked in a rich, creamy broth with a touch of herbaceousness from the sage. Then, they’re pureed and unified into a silky smooth soup. It’s robust yet light, tangy yet subtly sugary, and great for just about any season.
KETO ROASTED CARROT SOUP RECIPE-
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1.5 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free), plus extra as needed
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Crushed nuts for garnishing, such as raw pecans
- Thaw butter or ghee in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Once bubbling, add carrots and sage. Stir for 5 minutes to soften the carrots.
- Adjoin bone broth and coconut milk. Rotate the heat up to medium-high heat until it comes to a boil. Instantly lower heat to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes for mushy carrots
- Blend the mixture, using extra chicken stock a tablespoon at a time to thin the soup if it’s too condensed. Once the mixture is just thin enough to vortex in the blender, mizzle in Brain Octane Oil to emulsify. Blend until completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Top with crushed nuts and fresh parsley leaves.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Carbs: 13.1g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Net Carbs: 9.6g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Vitamin D: 4mcg
- Calcium: 49mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 449mg
You can Serve this keto roasted carrot soup with roasted Brussel sprouts with garlic or shredded chicken. Simple, healthy, and delectable recipe!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!