Here’s a keto-friendly recipe for that favorite dessert of yours. An all-time favored sweet dish-Kheer is something that every person wants to enjoy on a festive day! Contrary to the name that sounds boring, Keto Lauki Kheer is an interesting and delicious dessert recipe.
This is an easy-to-make sweets recipe and is quite beneficial for diabetic people with a sweet tooth. Make this lauki kheer during fasting days like Navratri or Ekadashi or Shivratri.
Keto Lauki Kheer is a very simple and beginner recipe. Just make sure to use fresh almond or low-fat milk, or whipping cream. Another point to be noted is that the Lauki should be soft and should not taste bitter.
Lauki is a cooling vegetable to have during the summers. You can make numerous recipes with Lauki from savory to sweet.
- 150g grated lauki.
- 100g heavy whipping cream or heavy cream.
- 25g ghee.
- 1 tbsp sweetener or as per taste.
- 2 tbsp mixed nuts crushed (use almonds, macadamia nuts and few strands of saffron).
- Reserve some for topping later.
- Squeeze out all the moisture of grated lauki using a kitchen towel or napkin.
- Heat up the ghee in a pan and add the Lauki.
- Let it cook for 7-8minutes.
- Add the cream and let it cook on a low to medium flame for 10minutes.
- Keep stirring so that it does not burn. The kheer should have a much thicker consistency by now.
- Add the sweetener and the nuts and cook for another couple of minutes.
- You can add a few drops of water to reduce the thickness of kheer .
- You can serve this warm or once cooled, you can refrigerate it and serve. Garnish with the reserved mixed nuts.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Calories – 115
Fats- 7 g
Carbs- 4 g
Protein – 1g
Cholesterol – 12mg
Sodium – 4mg
Iron – 0.8mg
Lauki is full of weight-loss-friendly and heart-protective fibers. It is also a treasure-trove of antioxidants and essential minerals such as riboflavin, zinc, thiamine, iron, magnesium, and manganese. It is an utterly low carb that can be incorporated into your keto or low carb diets.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!