Egg muffins are a breakfast win for a keto dieter. Protein-packed Keto egg muffins are for anyone who loves the pleasing fusion f cheesy eggs, bacon, and sweet potatoes.
As you prep the keto egg muffins, you’ll notice that each cup will seem quite full of the chopped scallion, chorizo, bacon, and cheddar filling. That’s exactly how it’s supposed to look. Not only does it give your breakfast more substance and flavor, but these ingredients also give the muffins a sturdy texture.
You can make keto egg muffins in different ways using tomato and spinach, bacon or salami, spinach and mozzarella, spinach and cheese, etc. You can use two low carb elements of your choice with eggs to make low carb, keto-friendly, and protein-packed muffins. It’s just a five minutes recipe for convenient busy mornings, holidays, and weekends. Customize it in your own style and enjoy your meal!
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 5 oz. chopped air-dried chorizo or salami or cooked bacon
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp green or red pesto (optional )
- Salt and pepper
- 6 oz. shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350’F (175’C).
- Line a muffin tin with insertable baking cups, or grease a silicone muffin tin or non-stick, with butter.
- Chop chorizo and scallions and add to the bottom of the tin.
- Whisk eggs together with pesto, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Pour the batter on top of the chorizo and scallions.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.
Tip and tricks :
- Grease your muffin tin correctly and use a good quality non-stick muffin tray.
- The muffins puff up while they cook in the oven. Fill muffins 3/4 of the way up to prevent overflow.
- Let them chill about 10 minutes before attempting to remove them. Run a plastic knife around the inside walls of the muffin holes to help loosen them if needed.
- Also, You can refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
(2 muffins per serving )
- Calories- 336 kcal
- Net Carbs- 2g
- Fat – 26g
- Protein- 23g
- Sodium- 273.5 mg
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!