Does keto work without exercise?
The short answer is yes. Definitely, the Keto diet works without exercise. If you follow the diet strictly, it should absolutely help you lose some weight.
Lengthy answer: if you really want to watch how the keto works to its maximum ability, then you will want to know how it works, how it affects your energy levels, and what kind of exercise regime works best on a keto diet.
What is a keto diet and how does it work?
The Keto Diet is a low carb, moderate protein, and high-fat diet. You have to intake healthy fats and your body will burn those fats.
Right now, our body metabolizes carbs as a source of fuel for the body. But while being on the Keto Diet we lower your carb intake to an extremely low level so that the body starts searching for an alternate source of fuel. So now the body starts metabolizing Fats and that’s how you lose weight fast.
Simply, Ketogenic diets look to reduce carbohydrates, sugars, and processed foods from your diet.
Foods to Eat on a Keto Diet
- Fish and seafood
- Chicken, mutton, beef, lamb, poultry
- Green vegetables
- High-fat dairy products
- Nuts and seeds
- Sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit
Foods to Avoid on a Keto Diet
- Whole grains – wheat, corn, cereal, rice
- Sugar- honey, maple syrup
- Certain fruits like apple, mango, bananas
- Bakery products
- Fruit juices
- Processed foods
So why swap whole foods for bacon and cheese? Well, It’s all about ketosis.
To put this in its most simple terms: the cause you may be tempted to eat the foods below and cut out grains, fruit, and most carbohydrates from your diet, is to achieve ketosis.
Now, if you’re looking to answer the question does keto diet works without exercise, you need to understand how ketosis works.
This is because many people get frustrated with the keto diet because they do not follow it properly. The issue is on some diets you may still see results if you cheat every now and then, the keto diet really punishes you if you let your food regime slip.
Let’s take a swift look as to why this is the case:
- Restricting carbohydrates is pretty vague. In reality, most keto diets suggest that you should consume below 35g of carbs per day. Intake of carbohydrates may differ slightly, depending on your body size, level of exercise, and overall food consumption, but the basic rule remains the same: scale down your carbs so it is the food section you see the least in your day-to-day nutrition.
- Tracking your macros is standard fare for most fitness enthusiasts, but for anyone on a keto diet, it is crucial. This is because in the initial days you really have to focus on getting the right amount of fat and protein and limiting your carbs. As most modern diets are fairly carb-heavy, so this can be a challenge to start off with.
As a general rule then, here are the percentages you need to stick to in order to stay on track: 5% Carbs .,25,% Proteins and 70% Fats. Of course, it’s hard to stick to these rules.
How the keto diet affects your Energy Levels
The whole point of doing the keto diet is to get your body into ketosis. Ketosis is a process of converting your body into a fat burner instead of burning carbohydrates.
Okay, so how does that relate to the question of does keto diet works without exercise? It’s directly related! The technique your body transforms nutrition into energy drastically affects how you lose weight. And, as we’re about to find out, this is the key as to why a keto is a fantastic tool for weight-loss.
Advantages of Keto Diet-
A crucial advantage is that keto diets are often connected to longer-lasting satiety between meals. As fat is a more lasting source of energy, and, once the body adjusts to fat-burning, it needs less quantity of that raw source than when compared to a carb-based diet.
Keto diets are also great for anyone suffering high blood sugar levels, or anyone who has a condition related to type 2 diabetes.
Choosing the right workout
– Also, The fact that Keto diets work well without exercise, implies that they may not be perfect match to a lifestyle that includes hard training. So we make sure what workout suits you best on a keto diet. When you’re exercising, you often need quick energy over short periods of time. Think about it. There are whole industries manufacturing fast-release energy supplements to be taken immediately before and after exercise. You don’t get these food sources when following a strict keto diet. The slow-release energy from burning fats also means while you may feel energized for longer, during intense periods of exercise you may feel sluggish and lacking in performance. This can be an absolute killer for an athlete who prides itself on performance and personal bests.
- Keto Flu– Another one, keto flu is an issue, but not to worry about it. It happens initially in a few weeks because you don’t take your macro properly or your body loses electrolytes. So make sure you stay hydrated and take your macronutrients properly to prevent keto flu.
If you were to train while on a keto diet, what’s the best training regime to adopt?
Here are the tips to help you get good benefits at your workout time-
- Drink Plenty of Water- the best single thing you can do on a keto diet is to stay hydrated.
- Take the right sugars
- Eat light before and heavy after workout meals properly.
You can perform light exercises yet are effective like- cycling, walking, jogging, bodyweight exercises.
Well, we now know the answer to does keto diet works without exercise…that is, keto definitely works without exercise, and might actually work better if intense exercise isn’t part of your day-to-day lifestyle. We also know what variety of foods you’ll be allowed to eat on a keto diet, and exactly how that’s going to affect your body.