Keto Diet Plan on a budget? Some keto-friendly foods are expensive and many people believe the keto diet has to be expensive. But that’s not true. You don’t need expensive ingredients. You can eat delicious and healthy Keto-friendly meals that are super affordable.
With the help of this article, you’ll quickly learn how. Because with a little planning and some smart shopping, just look at how much you could save.
Many low-carb foods like fresh meat, leafy greens, and fatty fish can be expensive. This is for a reason because high-quality clean foods are way more nutritious and healthy than processed and refined carbohydrates.
We are used to paying almost nothing for white bread and pasta. This, on the other hand, does not reflect their nutritional value in any way. Although high-quality clean food often costs more, it does not mean that everything is over before it starts.
The good news is that you don’t need to pay high prices. You can get affordable quality low-carb foods. We can and should be smart in our budgeting and save a lot during our next trip to the grocery store.
This is the easiest and fastest way to save a lot in grocery shopping. It also helps to keep your meals and portions on track, which is important to get you into ketosis.
As a result, you buy only what you need and there is a lower risk of binge eating and cheat days – which as we know are not “allowed” in the keto diet.
Shopping lists will stop unnecessary spending and impulse purchases. Plan your weakly meals, create a shopping list, and stick to it. Your body and your wallet will thank you later.
2. Look For Cheaper Alternatives
You can find products that are extremely expensive and extremely under-priced in every food category. You can save a noticeable amount of money by choosing cheaper alternatives. Keep in mind, that alternatives don’t mean that you need to compromise on the taste and nutritional value.
3. Buy Best Quality In Your Budget
For someone living on a diet of sodas, fries, and fast food, swapping to regular eggs, regular vegetables and regular meat will still have an enormous impact on their health. The single most important factor to improve your health is to cook from scratch, at home.
Buy free-range eggs as often as your budget will allow, but regular eggs will still be a better breakfast option than high-sugar cereals.
4. Substitute The Keto Favourites
- Cheese – One of the main go-to fat sources for the keto diet. The specialty cheeses can be pricey and often not worth it. Buy regular cheese and prefer cheese in one piece (not shredded) and grate it yourself.
- Fish – Awesome fat and protein source. Choose canned fish instead of fresh, it’s just as nutritious as fresh fish but a lot cheaper. This is good for your low-carb journey as you need to ramp up your electrolyte levels anyway.
- Meat – Fatty cuts of meat are always cheaper than leaner cuts. A good choice would be ribs, shin of beef, lamb neck and shoulder, and pork belly. It’s also cheaper in most cases to get these cuts straight from the butcher, than from a supermarket.
- Poultry – Chicken legs and thighs are way cheaper than chicken breasts. Breast meat is leaner, has more protein in it, and is considered more expensive. This is okay, because while on a low-carb diet, always prefer fatty meats. Fat also makes cuts tastier.
- Vegetables – This is a big part of your diet, so listen up. Buying fresh low-carb vegetables in bulk will break the bank pretty quickly. That’s why we prefer frozen vegetables. They are cheap, they don’t deteriorate like fresh veggies often do, and frozen veggies have the same nutritional value as of fresh ones. It’s also easier to buy them in bulk and store away until you need them again.
5. Buy In Season
Buy in season and eat in season. Many vegetables can be bought when they are cheap and frozen. There are many cheap lowcarbfreezer staples such as berries, spinach, and cauliflower which are just as nutritious as fresh but much cheaper.
6. Buy In Bulk
This is pretty self-explanatory. Find a local butcher where you can buy your meat in bulk. Buy canned and frozen goods in bulk when they are discounted. Go after bargains like cheap store brands, discounted foods, or products with damaged packaging.
7. Incorporate Intermittent Fasting
This may sound funny, but Intermittent Fasting can save a significant amount of money at the expense of breakfast. Intermittent fasting can provide significant health benefits if it is done right, including loss of excess weight, treatment of type 2 diabetes, and many other things.
Follow these steps and keep up with your Keto Diet Plan on a budget! All your excuses end right here an this is as easy as it gets!
So what’s stopping you from starting your own keto diet journey? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such ketogenic transformation stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!