French Onion Zoodle Bake is far from boring—make it when you’re craving comfort food sans guilt. French onion soup lovers, this one is definitely for you. This French Onion Zoodle Bake is the perfect yin and yang when it comes to comfort-healthy food.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 yellow onions, halved and sliced thinly
- ½ tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ to ¾ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 zucchini, spiralize
- 8 oz Fontina cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mist a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot and bubbly, add sliced onion and sprinkle with salt, pepper, sugar, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup beef broth, stir, and cook until onions are golden brown about 20 minutes, stirring just a few times and adding additional beef broth if needed.
- In a large bowl combine zucchini noodles and onion mixture; transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Serving size: ~ 1 cup
We just love this dish and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. Well for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. And go follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!