Amazingly tender Beef French onion Brisket baked in the oven. This brisket is baked at low temperatures for several hours and comes out so saporous and tender. French Onion sauce is responsible for the superb flavors of the brisket and after the brisket is baked, the sauce is created into the best gravy you’ve ever tasted.
There are even more methods to enjoy some brisket like Dry Rub Beef Brisket that is baked in the oven and Corned Beef Brisket that is also baked in the oven.
- One 5½-pound brisket
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Chopped parsley and chives, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Tap the brisket dry with paper towels; season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Warm the oil in a large, wide Dutch oven or roasting pan over medium-high heat. Scortch the brisket, turning as needed until completely golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a sheet pan.
- Adjoin the garlic and onions to the Dutch oven and reduce the heat to medium. Bake, stirring often, until softened and caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Adjoin the sherry to deglaze, then stir in the stock and season with salt. Put back the brisket to the pot and add the rosemary and thyme. Once the liquid starts to simmer, cover and cook in the oven until tender, about 3 hours. Take out from the oven and let cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, take out the brisket from the pot and slice it against the grain into ¼-inch slices.
- Put back the meat to the pot and warm over medium heat; adjust seasoning with salt.
- Mizzle with chopped parsley and chives before serving.
- 979 calories
- 75g fat
- 10g carbs
- 58g protein
- 4g sugar
Bake this french onion brisket on top of a massive heap of onions, which steadily caramelize and make a saporous French onion soup-like gravy.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!