Spinach and fennel are excellent green vegetables to use on a keto diet. So here is a novel way to use them together- Fennel Spinach Saute. This is an excellent side dish, but if you slice the fennel a bit smaller, it also makes a great stuffing for chicken breasts or beef tenderloin.
The fennel has a strong flavor, kind of like licorice. When you sauté it, it brings out the deep, intense essence of this wonderful vegetableBasil is the perfect herb for this dish which gives it a light, bright aroma. You just have to saute fennel and spinach on medium heat steadily.
The fennel spinach saute recipe includes aromatic ingredients which add goodness to your recipe!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- one-fourth cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or another heavy skillet, warm oil and butter over medium-high heat. Combine fennel and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook one minute longer. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted, 4-5 minutes.
Test Kitchen tip
- Fennel is one of those vegetables that is excellent raw or cooked.
- Try dicing raw fennel into salads; a little is all you’ll need.
- Want to adjoin even more green? Hurl in a cup of fresh or frozen peas.
Nutrition Facts Per serving ( half cup)
- 60 calories,
- 4g fat,
- 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber),
- 2g protein
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!