Carrot Noodle Pad Thai is made with shaved carrots instead of traditional noodles for a healthy twist on a takeout favorite. You don’t even have to think twice about skipping takeout. This delicious dish is so good that it tastes like a cheat meal but way healthier!
It’s traditionally made with rice noodles (which were borrowed from Chinese cuisine), egg, tofu, dried shrimp, and a salty-sweet-sour sauce. The sauce is usually made simply with palm sugar, tamarind, and fish sauce or soy sauce. You can find an authentic preparation here from Hot Thai Kitchen!
- 4 cups carrot noodles
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Optional: cilantro, green onion, and cashews for garnish
- Prepare the carrot noodles using a spiralizer or buy pre-made carrot noodles.
- Slice the chicken breasts into small, bite-sized strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a sauce by combining lime juice, sriracha, coconut aminos, water, ginger, garlic, cashew butter, and fish sauce in a bowl, whisk until smooth.
- Pour 1 tbsp avocado oil into a large frying pan or wok over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the seasoned chicken strips to the pan and saute for about 6 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked push it to one side of the pan and crack an egg directly into the pan and scramble it.
- Add the carrot noodles into the pan and pour the sauce over top.
- Toss the ingredients until fully coated in the sauce.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 7 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
- Remove the pan from heat and serve the noodles. Garnish with green onion, cilantro, chopped cashew pieces, and lime wedges.
We just love this dish and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. Well for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. And go follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!