Love South Indian food and want to lose weight? Does that mean you need to fill yourself with plates of mixed green vegetables and protein powders? No, absolutely not!! Follow this easy 7-day South Indian Keto Diet Plan and kickstart your weight loss journey.
South Indian food is heavenly! The sound of popping mustard seeds, the wonderful aroma of curry leaves, the nutty chutney with impeccably-made dosas and tangy pickles. Your mouth must have started to water as of now.
Imagine the impact it can have when served a twist of love! Needless to say, continued intake of South Indian food simply leads to weight gain. It is filled with carbs which does not make it a suitable fit for a keto diet.
Need not worry! We’ve got you covered with our South Indian Keto Diet plan.
What is a Keto Diet and how it helps?
The keto diet is a low-carbohydrate, high-fat, and moderate-protein diet. To an extent, it is like the Atkins and low-carb diets. It includes reducing the carb intake to an extreme level and substituting it with fat. As a result, the body enters a metabolic state called ketosis. In this state, the body uses fat as a source of fuel.
The Keto diet helps in reducing the insulin resistance and regulating the blood glucose levels. This, alongside the increased amount of ketones, has various health benefits.
- Weight Loss- Weight reduction is the primary goal for people to adopt a keto diet. It helps in accelerated weight loss.
- PCOS- It helps to subside the symptoms and regulates menstrual cycles.
- Hypothyroidism- It acts as an anti-inflammatory diet for hypothyroid patients that regulates hormonal imbalance.
- Cognitive Benefits- It improves the attention span and helps in keeping you energized throughout the day.
- Reduces Insulin Resistance– Keto helps in fixing insulin resistance and regulating the blood sugar levels.
Simple South Indian Keto Tweaks!
- Vangi Bhaat, Fried Rice, Pulao, Bendhi Rice- These rice-based dishes can easily be changed over to keto by simply replacing rice with cauli-rice.
- Replace oil with olive or coconut oil and include paneer in the recipe. Try not to be conservative while using oil in foods.
- Most raithas are usually keto-friendly since their basic ingredients are yogurt and cucumber. Lessen the consumption of onion and tomato in the recipes.
- Kosambari’s- To make it keto-friendly, replace dals like urad dal with veggies. Limit carrot and add other low-carb veggies to it, along with olive oil.
- Roti/Rotti/Chapathi/Dosa- Just replace rice and semolina with almond flour and enjoy your keto-friendly dosa!
- Upma- To make keto upma, simply make cauliflower rice better with the goal that it gives the surface of broken rice/wheat.
- Bonda/Bajji: The problem with bonda/bajji is the batter. Fry the vegetables like cauliflower and okra (lady finger) without the batter. Fried veggies can be taken with salt, pepper, and chili powder as per taste.
- Dal- Dal is a staple food in India. Nonetheless, it is not keto-friendly. In keto, you get vegetable, spinach stock/soup!
- Vadas- Do not worry about missing your urad dal vadas on Keto. Simply substitute dal with soy. Your keto vadas are ready!
Sample Indian Keto Diet Plan
This free 7 Days South Indian Keto Meal Plan is an easy way to lose weight quickly and effortlessly.
|Monday||Keto Dosa + Veggies||Caulirice+ Chili Paneer||Bulletproof coffee||Mix Veg Keto Khara Bhath|
|Tuesday||Keto Upma||Keto Vada + Buttermilk Keto Sambhal||Berry Smoothie||Keto Thai Rice + Coconut Sew|
|Wednesday||Keto pancakes with berries||Keto Coconut rice + Veg keto Kadhi||Cheese Slice||Aviyal + Butter Fried Paneer|
|Thursday||Keto Uttapam + Coconut Chutney||Bhindi Cauliflower Rice + Yogurt||Green Tea + Peanuts||Paneer Salad|
|Friday||Spinach Omelette||Keto Paneer Vegetable Biryani||Lettuce Soup||Bendekaayi Gojju|
|Saturday||Keto Oatmeal||Keto Uttapam + Vegetable Stew||Bulletproof Coffee||Keto Idli + Gun Powder|
|Sunday||Paneer Parantha||Veg broth + Paneer||Cheese Broccoli Soup||Goan Fish Curry|
South Indian Keto diet can be incorporated easily with some simple adjustments. But, one should always start a diet with a professional’s help. It is necessary to meet the requirement of nutrients in the body. Therefore, it is important to personalize the diet based on the body parameters and lifestyle.
Don’t be afraid of experimenting with foods you love. Try to mix things up, use spices and herbs you have not tried before. You can explore new recipes by doing a few tweaks as well.
We hope you found this guide to an easy South Indian keto meal plan helpful. Follow the plan religiously to kickstart your keto diet and reap the benefits. To lose weight, transforming yourself into a healthier version, subscribe to Keto India for a personalized keto diet consultation.