What if you love South Indian and want to lose weight? Does that mean you need to kill yourself with plates of mixed green vegetables and protein powders? No, absolutely not!! Follow this simple 7 day South Indian Keto Diet Plan and kickstart your weight loss journey.
South Indian food is delightful! The sound of popping mustard seeds, the magical aroma of curry leaves, the nutty chutney with impeccably made dosas, tangy pickles. Your mouth must water as of now.
Imagine what impact it can have when served a twist of love! Needless to say, prolonged intake of South Indian food simply leads to weight gain. It is loaded with carbs which does not make it a suitable fit for a keto diet.
Do not worry! We have got you covered with our South Indian Keto Diet plan.
What is a Keto Diet and how it helps?
The keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat, and moderate-protein diet. To some extent, it resembles the Atkins and low-carb diets. It includes reducing carb intake to an extreme level and substituting it with fat. As a result, your body enters into a metabolic state called ketosis. In this state, the body uses fat as a source of fuel.
The Keto diet helps to reduce insulin resistance and regulates blood glucose levels. This, alongside the increased ketones, has various health advantages.
- Weight Loss- Weight reduction is the primary reason for people to adopt a keto diet. It helps in accelerated weight loss.
- PCOS- It helps to subside PCOS symptoms and regulates periods in women.
- Hypothyroidism- It acts as an anti-inflammatory diet for hypothyroid patients and regulates hormonal imbalance.
- Cognitive Benefits- It improves attention span and keeps you energized throughout the day
- Reduces Insulin Resistance– Keto helps to fix insulin resistance and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
Simple South Indian Keto Tweaks!
- Vangi Bhath, Fried Rice, Pulao, Bendhi Rice- These rice-based delicacies can be easily changed over to keto by simply substituting rice with cauliflower rice.
- Replace oil with olive or coconut oil and include paneer when it goes with the recipe. Try not to be conservative in using oil in foods.
- Most raithas are usually keto-friendly since their basic ingredients are yogurt and cucumber. Limit your intake of onion and tomato in the recipes and you are good to go. It turns into a delicious side dish for rice-based foods.
- Kosambari’s- To make it keto-friendly, you needed to replace “dal” like “urad dal” with veggies. Limit carrot and add other low-carb veggies to it, along with olive oil.
- Roti/Rotti/Chapathi/Dosa- Just substitute your mainstream rice and semolina with almond flour and enjoy your keto-friendly dosa.
- Upma- To make keto upma, simply make cauliflower rice better with the goal that it gives the surface of broken rice/wheat.
- Bonda/Bajji: The problem with bonda/bajji is the batter. Fry vegetables like Cauliflower and okra ( lady finger) without batter. These fried veggies can be eaten with salt, pepper, chili powder to the taste and makes a great evening snack.
- Dal- Dal is a staple food is an Indian Diet. Nonetheless, it is not keto-friendly. You get vegetable, spinach stock/soup!
- Vadas- Do not worry about missing your urad dal vadas on Keto. Simply replace dal with soy and your keto vadas are ready.
Sample Indian Keto Diet Plan
This free 7 Day South Indian Keto Meal Plan is a simple way to lose weight quickly and easily.
|Monday||Keto Dosa + Veggies||Caulirice+ Chili Paneer||Bulletproof coffee||Mix Veg Keto Khara Bhath|
|Tuesday||Keto Upma||Keto Vada + Buttermilk Keto Sambhal||Berry Smoothie||Keto Thai Rice + Coconut Sew|
|Wednesday||Keto pancakes with berries||Keto Coconut rice + Veg keto Kadhi||Cheese Slice||Aviyal + Butter Fried Paneer|
|Thursday||Keto Uttapam + Coconut Chutney||Bhindi Cauliflower Rice + Yogurt||Green Tea + Peanuts||Paneer Salad|
|Friday||Spinach Omelette||Keto Paneer Vegetable Biryani||Lettuce Soup||Bendekaayi Gojju|
|Saturday||Keto Oatmeal||Keto Uttapam + Vegetable Stew||Bulletproof Coffee||Keto Idli + Gun Powder|
|Sunday||Paneer Parantha||Veg broth + Paneer||Cheese Broccoli Soup||Goan Fish Curry|
South Indian Keto diet can be incorporated easily as a cakewalk with some simple adjustments. But, one should always start a diet with professional help. It is important to meet the requirement of nutrients in the body. Therefore, it is essential to personalize the diet based on the body parameters and lifestyle.
Don’t be afraid of experimenting with the foods you like. Try to mix things up, use spices and herbs you have not tried earlier. You can explore new recipes as well.
We hope you found this South Indian keto meal plan easy and helpful. Follow the plan diligently to kickstart your keto and reap the benefits. To lose weight, transforming yourself into a healthier version, subscribe to Keto India for a personalized keto consultation.