The easy recipe of Shakshuka is made with eggs that are mildly poached in a boiling mixture of tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Just a few warm spices and some fresh herbs complete this satisfying one-skillet dish! Go serve it for that brunch for your ladies!
Well not only is it fun to say, but shakshuka eggs is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes of all time. Constructed of every-day ingredients like eggs, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic–this dish is healthy, satisfying, and stuffed with flavor.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- First, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat.
- Now add the chopped bell pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Then add garlic and spices and cook for an additional minute.
- Drench the can of tomatoes and juice into the pan and break down the tomatoes using a large spoon.
- Now, season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- You can use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well.
- Then cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Finish up with garnishing with chopped cilantro and parsley.
We just love this dish and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. Well for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. And go follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!