Hearty & Savory Cabbage Soup With Sausage Is Easy To Make And Oh So Delicious. This Nourishing Bowlful Is Low In Carbs Too!
With just a handful of ingredients, this soup is packed with flavor and comes together quickly for a warm meal in a hurry. Full of veggie goodness, you’ll feel good about serving this to your family! Try these other tasty weeknight meals Easy Taco Soup, 30 Minute Mongolian Stir Fry, and 30 Minute Chicken Satay Skillet.
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup onion chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ pound potatoes diced (about 2-3 medium)
- 2 carrots sliced
- 3-4 cups cabbage chopped
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Cook sausage, onion, and butter until onion is tender. Add celery, carrot, potato, cabbage, broth, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour and cook over medium heat for about 2 min.
- Add milk and cream and stir until smooth.
- Continue whisking until thick and bubbly.
- Once vegetables are tender, add the cream mixture into the soup.
- Allow simmering for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in dill and parsley.
We just love this dish and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. Well for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. And go follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!