In order to lose weight, you need not starve yourself. These salad recipes for weight loss are wholesome and give your body all the nutrients it needs. You will change significantly once you choose salads over your normal meals.
Here are 7 easy salad recipes for weight loss :
1. GREEK SALAD
- 5 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss all the vegetables in this dressing and serve it fresh with goat’s cheese on the top.
Quinoa is an anti-inflammatory grain, which has a low percentage of calories. It is a perfect substitute for cereals if one is trying to lose weight. The apple cider vinegar that goes into making the dressing is famous for cutting fat.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Chopped mint leaves, for garnish
Mix olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine the fruits, quinoa and dressing. You can add mint leaves on top.
3. FRUIT SALAD
Fruit salad is one of the easiest salads to make. It is high in fibre and water content. You can have them for breakfast as they have natural sugar. You will have enough energy throughout the day & it will help you with sweet cravings too.
- take 1 apple, diced
- one pomegranate
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 8-10 roughly chopped strawberries
- 2 cups non-fat yoghurt
In a bowl, mix all the chopped fruits with low-fat yoghurt. You can add nuts like almonds, walnuts and pistachios to make this salad more wholesome.
4. CHICKPEAS SALAD
Chickpeas are a good source of protein, dietary fibre, folate and manganese. For the nourishment of the body & when one is trying to lose weight for them these nutrients are important. It is a perfect lunch substitute.
- 3 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- next, add, 1 small onion, finely chopped
- then add, 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp. coriander chutney
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Black pepper and cumin powder to taste
In a bowl, mix all the vegetables with chickpeas. Add black pepper and cumin powder. You can add coriander as well for some freshness. This salad does not need extra salt.
5. BROCCOLI SALAD WITH LEMON
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 cups small broccoli florets (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, stems removed, chopped
- 16 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Lemon wedges, optional
Place the first 8 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, bacon, raisins and onion. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Caesar salad croutons, optional
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Cool completely. For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, dressing mix, sugar, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine chicken, artichokes, Parmesan, capers and macaroni. Add dressing and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Top with croutons and additional capers if desired.
7. BEETROOT SALAD
- 2 beetroots
- 1 bunch of arugula leaves
- 1/2 cups toasted pistachios
- 100 gms of goat cheese
- 3 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 5-6 cloves
- 2-3 star anise
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a pan add cloves, star anise and bay leaves. Bring it to a boil and cook beetroots in it till they soften. Strain the liquid and reduce it with honey and balsamic vinegar until a thick sauce is formed. Peel and slice the beetroots. Place them on a plate on a bed of arugula leaves. Top them with cheese, nuts and drizzle the dressing on them. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the top.
Do try & enjoy these salad recipes for weight loss.