Mughlai Mushroom Malai is rich, creamy, and delectable curry. Mughlai Mushroom Malai is a perfect side dish, goes well with keto naan, roti, or paratha. This procedure uses Mughlai masalas such as coriander powder, garam masala, and Kasuri methi.
- 250 gm Button Mushroom
- 1 Medium Sized Onion Chopped
- 1 cup Tomato Chopped
- ¼ cup Cashew Nuts
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream or Malai
- One tsp Garlic Paste and Ginger Paste each
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee or Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1-2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- 1-2 Big Cardamom
- Pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
- 1-2 tsp Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- Chopped Coriander Leaves for Garnishing
- Rinse and clean the Mushroom, and cut it into slices or halve it.
- Warm ghee or butter, add diced mushrooms, salt, and sauté it for 2-3 minutes on medium flame till golden brown in a kadhai.
- Detach mushroom into a plate using a slotted spoon and keep aside.
- Now utilize the same pan with the remaining ghee. Adjoin ginger-garlic paste, add chopped onion and cashew nuts in it, and sauté it till golden brown.
- Adjoin chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and fry it till the tomato becomes soft and mussy.
- Sauté it till the mixture leaves the oil, switch of the flame, and keep aside till it cools down.
- Once the mixture cools down, add it into a blender jar and make a fine smooth paste.
- Heat oil again in the same kadhai. Combine bay leaves, big cardamom, and a pinch of hing in it, then add the prepared paste.
- Now add half a cup of water, bring it to boil, or boil it for 2-3 minutes. Adjoin fresh cream and mushroom. Whisk it well and cook it for few minutes.
- Mughlai Mushroom Malai is ready, sprinkle some Kasuri methi and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Couple with roti, paratha, or Naan.
- If the mushroom is small, cut in two, no need to slice.
- You can adjoin other vegetables too like sweet corn or green peas.
- If you want vegan curry, then just omit the cream and use dairy-free butter instead of ghee.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Calories- 160
- Fats- 12g
- Carbs- 8.5g
- Fiber- 1g
- Protein- 3.6g