These keto matcha coconut cupcakes are not only pretty to look at but also hold an amazing secret ingredient. The fluffy muffin goodness is made from leftover almond milk pulp and topped off with a creamy vegan matcha cashew frosting.
Make it a fun family day out of it and prepare these creative keto matcha coconut cupcakes. As always, they are naturally sweetened with unrefined sugars. Flawlessly healthy and super easy to prepare, the best thing is that all those panic shoppers out there seem to be ignoring these ingredients!
- one cup leftover wet almond pulp
- 1 egg (sub 2 flax eggs, 2 tbsp flax meal, 4 tbsp warm milk/water)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- one ripe banana
- 8 Medjool dates (softened*)
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- 11/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup coconut flour
- Half cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
Matcha cashew frosting
- 2 cups cashews (soaked)
- 1 can coconut cream solid part (refrigerate overnight and use solid part only for recipe)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- Line muffin pan with paper cups and preheat oven to 350F.
- Now, In a small bowl add flax meal and water/milk and set aside for about 10 minutes
- Next, In a medium-sized bowl add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and oat flour and set aside.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender add almond pulp, milk, banana, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, dates, and flax eggs. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and carefully mix until just combined.
- Divide batter into paper cups evenly (about ¾ full) and bake in the oven for about 20-22 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare vegan matcha frosting. In a high-speed blender or food processor add cashews and milk and process for about 5 minutes. Add coconut cream, maple syrup, and matcha powder. Process until completely smooth. Stir in coconut butter and coconut oil and transfer into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes until frosting is pipeable. With a spatula mix frosting every 5 minutes with a spatula.
- Transfer into a piping bag and frost muffins with your preferred piping tip.
- Serve immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- soak Medjool dates in hot water for about 15 minutes and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- soak cashews in water overnight or for 4 hours minimum.
- Fat: 21g
- Carbs: 7g net
- Protein: 5g
- Fibe: 6g
Enjoy these matcha coconut cupcakes with your friends and family!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!