Lemon Butter Fish – 3 minutes, 2 ingredients, totally restaurant-worthy. The Lemon Butter Sauce is just made with butter and lemon. But it’s not “just” butter and lemon. It’s brown butter and lemon.
If you’re new to brown butter, this is going to change your world – it’s addictive. Brown butter is everything you love about melted butter, boosted with an incredible nutty, toasty aroma.
And you don’t need much –this stuff is rich! The recipe makes slightly more than you need because running out of sauce in the middle of dinner is dismal, but in all honesty, standard serving is 1 tablespoon of Sauce per fillet of fish. Lemon Butter Fish a great meal option for fish lovers and keto lovers.
It looks a lot browner in the bowl than it does when you drizzle it over the fish. Which is actually perfect – it’s a bright yellow Lemon color once drizzled. The color looks so pleasant and the dish will taste good for sure!
LEMON BUTTER SAUCE:
- 30 g / 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 0.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste and ¼ tsp finely ground pepper
CRISPY PAN FRIED FISH:
- 120 g skinless boneless fish
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste and ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- Lemon wedges
- Finely chopped parsley, optional
Lemon butter sauce :
- Place the butter in a light-colored saucepan or small skillet over medium heat.
- Melt butter then leaves on the stove, whisking/stirring every now and then. When the butter turns golden brown and it smells nutty – about 3 minutes, remove from the stove immediately and pour into a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir then taste when it has cooled slightly. Adjust lemon/salt to taste.
- Set aside – it will stay pourable for 20 – 30 minutes.
Crispy Pan-Fried Fish :
- Pat fish dry using paper towels. Sprinkle it with pink Himalayan salt & pepper, then flour. Use fingers to spread flour. Turn and repeat. Shake excess flour off well, slapping between hands if necessary.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over high heat. When the oil is shimmering and there are faint wisps of smoke, add fish. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges, then turn and cook the other side for 1 1/2 minutes (cook longer if you have thicker fillets).
- Remove immediately onto serving plates. Drizzle each with about 1 tbsp of Sauce (avoid dark specks settled at the bottom of the bowl), garnish with parsley, and serve with lemon on the side.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
- Total Calories- 370 kcal
- Carbohydrates- 1 g
- Protein- 24 g
- Fats- 30 g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.