Have guests over or just looking for an evening snack that is ketosis-friendly? In that case this cheesy baked Ketone monitored Zucchini Tots is perfect for you because it is delicious and easy to prepare without compromising on any good nutrition.
Ketone monitored Zucchini Tots can be served in many ways and they are delicious on their own as an appetizer, a snack and even a main dish. These are:
1) packed with sneaky veggies
2) perfect for kids and adults
3) crispy on the outside and soft inside
4) extra cheesy with sharp cheddar and parmesan
5) gluten-free if you use gluten-free breadcrumbs like me
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable and it goes with pretty much anything, and it’s so easy to change it up with different flavor combinations. It’s great for baking, and I like to shred it and add it to ground meat for a little extra nutrition. It’s kind of amazing how many recipes you can use it in!
These tasty bites are a fun twist on tater tots and are loaded with my favorite vegetable, along with some cheese and garlic to make things extra yummy. They’re super easy and quick to make, with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand in your pantry!
1) When making low carb dishes with zucchini, it’s important to squeeze the moisture out of it. Otherwise, your dish will be watery and soggy and might not hold together.
2) You can also add 1-3 tbsp of coconut flour if you want to get rid of the moisture from the batter even more. Coconut flour also tastes great in this recipe.
1) 2 medium zucchini
2) ⅓ cup small diced onion
3) ¼ cup finely ground almond flour breadcrumbs
4) 2 large eggs
5) ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
2) Shred the zucchini using the large hole on the side of a box grater then transfer it to a kitchen towel or strainer and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3) Transfer the strained vegetable to a medium bowl then add the diced onion, breadcrumbs, egg, cheddar cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and mix until combined.
4) Divide the mixture evenly into the 24 muffin pan cups.
5) Bake the tots for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. – Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool down for 10 minutes in the pan before removing and serving with ketchup or ranch for dipping
6) Serve well and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Sodium – 102mg
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such ketone monitored weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!