Keto upma is made with cauliflower rice and few vegetables which are a delicious, low carb, gluten-free, a vegetarian keto breakfast dish that can be prepared under 30 minutes. Keto upma is 40% lower in carbs, 25% lower in calories, and more nutrients than the traditional semolina upma version.
The taste and texture are no less than traditional upma and you gonna love it if you are planning to have a healthy breakfast this weekend. You can just skip carrots and green peas in this cauliflower upma recipe if you are on Keto Diet and you can have it with coconut chutney or with hung curd.
Upma is a dish originating from the Indian subcontinent, most common in South Indian, Maharashtrian, and Sri Lankan Tamil breakfast, cooked as a thick porridge from dry roasted semolina or coarse rice flour. Here we have replaced the High carb ingredients with Cauliflower Rice making it low carb, tasty and satisfying.
You can enjoy it with your Bulletproof Coffee and other keto-friendly recipes. Keto upma is healthy and delicious and can be easily prepared in less than 20 minutes which makes it a perfect breakfast option and also it is vegan and gluten-free, So it’s a perfect recipe for al the keto lovers out there.
3) Mustard seed.
4) Cumin seed.
6) Curry leaves.
7) Grated ginger.
8) Green chili.
9) Garam masala.
10) Chaat masala.
11) Salt ( To Taste ).
1) Pulse or Blitz 200g Cauliflower in a food processor using the metal blade attachment till you get a rice-like consistency.
2) In a Pan add 2 Tbsp Ghee, 1 Tbsp mustard seeds, 1 Tbsp cumin seeds, 40g Onions, 10 Curry leaves, 5g grated ginger, 1 green chili.
3) Add in the cauliflower once the onions turn translucent. Add 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp chaat masala and salt to taste.
4) Add 1.5 cups of water, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes or till the water dries and rice is soft.
5) Garnish with coriander and serve.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
We love this recipe of Keto upma and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.