Thanksgiving while doing Keto? And getting that fine Turkey at home? Yes, you got it. Everybody desperately needs a stress-free Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. So with this easy keto turkey recipe, you’ll be able to serve up a wonderful low-carb meal and enjoy every moment of it.
And if you didn’t know that yet, turkey makes great keto-friendly food and does not contain any carbs. It is rich in proteins and nutrients and is a source of minerals such as selenium and zinc and high in B vitamins side by side.
- 14-16lbs (6.57kg) whole turkey (thawed (if frozen))
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 sticks celery
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/4 chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Mince the garlic and mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Now preheat the oven to 170C/325F.
- Soak the turkey inside and out. Pat the skin dry and place in a roasting rack inside a large roasting pan.
- Cut the onion and celery. Slice the lemon into wedges. Mince the garlic.
- Now stuff the basin of the bird with the veggies from step 4.
- Release the skin of the bird by putting your hands between the skin and the breast meat working your way down the leg.
- Now take some of your butter mixtures and rub them thoroughly under the skin over the breast and leg meat.
- Do note to coat as much as you can and it’s easier if the butter is at room temperature.
- Splash the olive oil all over the turkey and sprinkle the salt and pepper all over.
- Now tie the legs of the turkey together with kitchen twine or oven-proof string.
- Then place a probe thermometer into the thickest part of the breast (if you have one).
- Put the turkey breast side up into the oven on the middle rack and bake for 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
- Midway through, baste the turkey juice all over the skin.
- Now after 2.5 hours, check the thermometer. That should register at 160F/71C. But if you don’t have a probe thermometer, open the oven and check with a handheld thermometer, and if it’s not there yet, cook it a bit longer (10-40min).
- As soon as the breast meat registers at 160F/71C, take it out of the oven and cover the dish with aluminum foil for 30 minutes. That will finish cooking it.
- Next up, you can start carving it!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Calories: 286kcalProtein: 43.3gFat: 11.3g , Net carbs : 0g
Execute this succulent keto thanksgiving turkey recipe as the centerpiece for your low-carb Christmas or Thanksgiving feast.