If you’ve never had Texas Sheet Cake, you’re in for a treat. This traditional Southern dessert isn’t dense like a typical chocolate cake, but rather has a light and fluffy texture, and a dark, rich flavor, making it every chocolate-lovers dream. The best part is, that this keto version is just as big and chocolatey, but also low-carb, low-sugar, and filled with high-quality fats. Keto Texas sheet cakes are similar to German chocolate cakes. This one, however, swaps out the sugary, coconut-pecan frosting for a decadent chocolate avocado one.
This easy, delicious keto texas sheet cake recipe lets you satisfy your cravings and celebrate birthdays without falling off your low-carb eating plan.
KETO TEXAS SHEET CAKE Recipe
Texas Sheet Cake
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup cold-brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup liquid monk fruit extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- “Buttermilk” (1/2 cup almond milk + 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar)
- 2 eggs
Chocolate Avocado Frosting
- 1/2 large avocado (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened lite coconut milk (or dilute 1/8 cup full-fat coconut milk with 1/8 cup water)
- 2 teaspoons liquid monk fruit extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Now, In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, cold brew, cacao powder, and cinnamon.
- Next, In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and monk fruit extract.
- In the small mixing bowl, whisk together the “buttermilk” (almond milk + apple cider vinegar), eggs, and vanilla extract, then add to the mixture in the large mixing bowl.
- Mix everything until completely combined. You may use an electric mixer, but this works just as well as mixing by hand.
- Add the batter to a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool while you make the frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients together and mix with a mixer, blender/food processor, or by hand until completely smooth.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, spread the frosting, then cut into slices.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 208
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Net Carbs: 4g
- Sugar: <1g
- Fat: 18g
Amazing recipe. Have some friends over and enjoy!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!