Are you someone with a sweet tooth? Do you miss your delicious desserts while on Keto? Well, here we are with a recipe that is bound to win your heart. These Keto Scones are bursting with the flavor of fresh blueberries, and are an absolute delight for the palette.
You would surely love this easy low-carb scones recipe – just 4g net carbs and the taste is marvelous! Not only are these scones keto-friendly, but are also packed with wholesome ingredients like almond and coconut flour.
Enjoy these low-carb scones with your favorite bulletproof coffee for a lazy weekend morning or relish them throughout the week! This recipe for keto scones takes just 30 minutes and is an absolute hit. While traditional scones are made with flour and sugar, these keto almond flour scones definitely are packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats!
Time Taken: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 5g
- Total Carbs: 8g
- Net Carbs: 4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 3g
For the Scones:
- 1 blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 3 tbsp Artificial Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp Artificial Sweetener
- 2 tbsp Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, artificial sweetener, sea salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and egg.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry until a dough forms.
- The dough should be malleable but not crumbly or stiff.
- Add a little more almond milk, a teaspoon at a time, if it’s dry.
- Fold the blueberries into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the lined pan and form a disk shape, about 1in (2.5 cm) thick.
- Cut into 8 wedges (like a pie or pizza).
- Move the pieces about 1 in (2.5 cm) apart. Bake for about 18-22 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- Puree the glaze ingredients in a blender.
- Pour through a fine-mesh sieve to catch the blueberry skins.
- When the scones are done baking, drizzle the glaze over them and spread evenly.
- Cool completely (scones and glaze will firm up as they cool).
- If your dough is sticky, you can chill it in the fridge for about 20 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- Make sure to use powdered sweetener for the glaze, to avoid a gritty texture.
- Don’t move the scones while they are still warm – they will fall apart. Let them cool completely to firm up. You can always reheat if you prefer a warm scone.
We love this keto scones recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.