Rice Pudding is made all over the world. Recipes vary sometimes , so you might even discover that you could hate and love rice pudding at the same time. One recipe might include an ingredient (or spice) that you like, but the other includes something very repelling to you. It is all about how you design the dessert to your tasting. Rice pudding is nothing just rice in milk. Let’s make it keto rice pudding for you!
How to make Rice pudding Keto-friendly?
Traditional rice pudding is usually made with rice, sweetener, and milk, sometimes with the addition of eggs. Other commonly used ingredients are vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, rose water, and orange zest. You have to replace normal milk with keto-friendly substitutes and low carb ingredients for the rice. You can use shirataki (konjac) rice. Here are the necessary steps for preparing konjac rice:
Konjac rice recipe-
- Put konjac rice into a sieve,
- Wash it under cold water for 2 minutes until the rice is well strained,
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the rice for 3 minutes.
- Strain the konjac rice. It is ready to use as cooking rice!
Keto Rice Pudding Recipe-
This simple Keto Rice Pudding is a sweet and decadent dessert that’s you can make using konjac rice! It’s delicious, flavor with vanilla and cinnamon. Rich and creamy low-carb custard gently surround grains of shirataki (konjac) rice in such a soft and delicious keto dessert
- 1.5 cup konjac rice – strained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup erythritol – or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- one bean vanilla seeds
- one stick cinnamon
- 1 piece star anise
- 3 seeds cardamom – optional
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 oz dried tart cherries – optional, instead of raisins
- Put konjac rice into a sieve, wash it under cold water for 2 minutes until the rice is well strained, bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the rice for 3 minutes.
- Strain the konjac rice.
- In a saucepan, combine konjac rice with 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, sweetener, salt, vanilla seeds, and spices.
- Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until somewhat dense.
- Beat the egg and stir it in with the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Add in some dried tart cherries (optional).
- Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Distribute the Keto Rice Pudding in 4 cups. Let cool down completely in the fridge (overnight is best), and sprinkle with cinnamon powder before serving.
- Calories- 288
- Fat- 27.8g
- Carbs- 5.1g
- Protein- 4g
Keto Rice pudding made with konjac rice is easy and keto-friendly for you. You can easily prepare it at home and enjoy it at your brunch.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!