In most cases, traditional ramen will not be allowed on a keto meal plan. But you will never have to go without this warm and cozy soup ever again as we have got Keto Ramen for you!
Replace your noodles with veggies or shirataki noodles will help reduce those carbs. Which will keep you in a fat-burning ketosis mode? A huge reward for making this dish right in your own home is you can control ingredients. This makes it one of the healthiest bowls of soup you will ever have.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE KETO RAMEN
- Bone broth
- Chili Paste
One of the reasons why keto ramen is so healthful is the use of bone broth as the base. This broth is made up of a very specific type of collagen only found within bones and connective tissues.
What are the health benefits of collagen?
- Leaky Gut
The collagen found within bone broth can help improve symptoms of leaky gut and digestive issues such as IBS. Proline and glycine are amino acids that heal damaged cell walls found within the stomach lining. When these gaps are sealed, inflammation and bacteria in the stomach are reduced.
- Healthy Skin
Collagen contains elastin and other compounds within the skin that keep it looking youthful. It can help reduce wrinkles and reduce the signs of aging.
- Joint Health
Collagen is found within all bones, joints, skin, tendons, cartilage, and bone marrow. As we age, cartilage begins to break down. The collagen found within bone broth will help replenish and restore that cartilage. The amino acids found within collagen helps reduce pain and inflammation.
You will reap far more nutritional benefits and your dishes will have a much deeper and rich flavor if you use bone broth this way.
The incursion of vegetables, spices, and seasonings in keto ramen make this one of the healthiest bowls of soup you will ever have. It is easily customizable and works well as a meal to use up vegetables that are on the verge of spoiling.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE KETO RAMEN
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4-5 cups zucchini noodles or 2–3 packets shirataki noodles
- 5 cups bone broth
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE KETO RAMEN
- In a large stockpot, add oil and heat under medium fire. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Except for eggs and noodles, Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. Simmer under low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove noodles from the package and rinse very well under cold water.
- Adjust seasoning to the broth. Stir in noodles.
- Portion and divide broth into bowls. Add sliced hard-boiled eggs, sliced chicken or beef, cilantro, sesame seeds, chopped green onion, and extra chili sauce if desired.
ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS: green onions, sesame seeds, avocado, cilantro, sliced carrots, red peppers, bok choy, seaweed flakes, etc. microgreens, etc.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 7g
- Protein: 12g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!