A creamy and juicy dish for you is here- “Keto Quiche”! It’s just like a pastry that is delicious and perfect for your keto breakfast.
What is Quiche?
Quiche is a French tart consisting of a pastry crust filled with savory custard and pieces of cheese, meat, seafood, or vegetables. The well-known variant is quiche Lorraine, which includes lardons of bacon. Quiche can be served hot or cold. It is popular worldwide.
Keto Quiche Recipe
This Keto Quiche might just become your family’s dish. It’s hard to just eat one slice of this divine creamy and flavourful low carb dish!
This Quiche can be eaten any time of day, but it does make an excellent keto breakfast. It contains the traditional ingredients of cream, eggs, onion, swiss cheese, and bacon. This recipe is a must-try if you’re looking to switch up your routine.
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¾ cup coconut flour
For Keto Quiche Filling:
- 6 whole large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 ½ ounce of Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley finely minced
- 6 slices of cooked bacon roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped yellow onion
- Take a medium-sized bowl, using a spatula combine all the crust ingredients until the dough forms. Note that the dough will be sticky.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment or wax paper. let the dough cool for about 15 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer crust into a 9 inch, pie pan. Being careful to smooth out any cracks.
- With the tines of a fork poke the crust.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15- 20 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Turn off the oven and proceed to make the filling.
For Quiche Filling:
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until lightly crispy. Turn off the heat and allow cool and then roughly chop. Reserve the fat from the bacon.
- Prepare the chopped onions until translucent in the reserved bacon fat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit,
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the eggs, water, salt, pepper, shredded Swiss cheese, parsley, cooked onions, and bacon.
- Add the keto quiche filling into the baked pie crust.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25- 30 minutes until the quiche is fully cooked.
- Garnish with additional parsley if you like. (optional)
- Allow the quiche cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- The quiche is best eaten hot or at room temperature.
- It’s still good for 3-4 days if you keep it at room temperature or refrigerate it.
- You can also store the pieces sliced and separate if you like.
Nutritional Info Per Serving:
- Calories- 294
- Total fat- 24.8 g
- Carbs- 2 g
- Protein-15.6 g
- Sodium – 942 mg
- Cholesterol- 205 mg
Customize your keto quiche using some healthy options-
You can easily customize this easy keto quiche to make it your own. The best part is that you will be having this ingredient at your kitchen already. Some good options would be to add some-
- Asparagus tips
- Spinach leaves
- Grilled onions
- Broccoli florets
- Red peppers
- Green peppers
- Use a sharp cheddar cheese.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious healthy quiche option that you will be proud to serve this one low carb and keto-friendly.
To lose weight, transforming yourself into a healthier version, and maintaining the weight, subscribe to Keto India for a personalized keto consultation. Good luck on your weight loss journey! Stay tuned for more such health content! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Ketogenic Diet, Health, and Wellness!