Who doesn’t love cakes? Cakes are the best desserts that one would like to have daily. Keto Pound cake is the best option when you want to have a cake and still maintain the state of ketosis.
Keto Pound cake is a keto-friendly cake that includes all the keto-friendly ingredients. Ingredients in the keto diet are not similar to a general diet in terms of flour and sugar.
Birthday parties, anniversaries, Christmas, new year, a new job, leaving your workplace, qualifying an exam, etc. The cake is an important part of all these occasions. Keto pound is loved by everyone as it’s soft and creamy in texture.
Why is it called a Pound Cake?
A pound cake has the word pound specifically. This is because every ingredient in the cake is one pound ( nearly 453 grams ).
One pound flour, one pound sugar, one pound butter, and one pound eggs.
The original recipe dates back to the 1700s, but today many variations can be found on this simple cake. People have begun adding leavening to make it less dense; orange zest to give it a burst of flavor, chocolate to make it more, well, chocolatey
The keto pound cake is moist, rich, and buttery in texture. Serve almond flour pound cake with a touch of whipped cream and berries for a sweet summer dessert, or with coffee at breakfast.
As you can not use wheat flour so, almond flour, soy flour, and coconut flour are the alternative flours. These flours are low on carbohydrates.
Desserts are all about their sweet taste, erythritol is the best alternative.
Now we will help you with the recipe for keto pound cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line parchment paper, so that the paper hangs over the 2 long sides.
- In a large, deep bowl, use a hand mixer at high speed to beat the butter and erythritol together, until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Lower the mixer speed to medium-low. Beat in the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt. If using xanthan gum, sprinkle (don’t dump) it evenly over the batter and beat in at low speed until just combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl. The batter will be thick and creamy. Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and smooth the top, rounding slightly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top, is golden brown. Tent the top with foil, then continue baking for 20-30 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan before moving or slicing.
INGREDIENTS ( AS PER 8 SERVINGS )
- 160 g Butter
- 105 g Erythritol
- 3 Large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 400 g Blanched Almond Flour
- 5 g Gluten-free powder
- 1 g Sea Salt
- 1.5 g Xanthan Gum (optional, but recommended for structure)
Nutritional Information ( As per one serving )
- Total Calories- 295 Kcal
- Total Carbohydrates- 5.5 g
- Net Carbohydrates- 2.9 g
- Protein- 7.3 g
- Fats- 28.6 g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.