So how many Paneer Makhani fans in the house? I know you are raising both your hands right there! That’s exactly why I thought why not bring to you the Keto Paneer Makhani version of it so that you can enjoy it even when you are on a Ketogenic diet.
Keto Paneer Makhani is a healthy, low carb twist to the traditional Indian vegetarian recipe! Made with grilled cottage cheese pieces in buttery gravy this restaurant-style Paneer Makhani will take care of all your cravings and is super easy to make.
I am so sure that you will love this Keto Paneer Makhani recipe too! This recipe calls for half grilled Paneer (cottage cheese) pieces dunked in silky, buttery, creamy gravy simmered well to perfection. If you are on a Ketogenic or LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) diet you are going to love it, if you are not you are still going to love it!
Ingredients ( As per one serving )
1) 100 gm paneer/cottage cheese (cubes)
2) ¼ medium-sized onion (chopped)
3) ½ tomato chopped
4) 1/2 green chili
5) 1 clove garlic
6) 1/2 tsp ginger paste
7) 30 g heavy whipping cream
8) ½ tbsp butter
9 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
10) 1 tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch (red chili powder)
11) 1/2 tsp coriander powder
12) 1 tsp turmeric powder
13) 1 tsp garam masala
14) salt to taste
15) 1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves / Kasuri methi leaves) (optional)
16) Fresh coriander leaves.
1) Cut paneer/ cottage cheese into cubes or rectangles and smear 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, salt, and 1/2 tsp red chili powder (Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder) all over the paneer pieces.
2) In a pan, heat 1 tbsp butter and saute the paneer (cottage cheese) pieces for 2-3 minutes on both sides, till both the sides turn golden brown. Don’t saute for long it will make the paneer (cottage cheese) pieces hard.
3) In another pan heat butter, add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add ginger paste, chopped green chili, onions, garlic, tomato and saute it well for 2-3 minutes till the onions and tomatoes are mushy and oil starts to separate.
4) Let this mixture cool and then using a grinder, grind this into a fine paste. Don’t add any water.
5) In the same pan, add this fine paste and saute well. To this mixture add turmeric powder, red chili powder (Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder), coriander powder, garam masala, and saute the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
6) On low heat, add the heavy whipping cream into the gravy and mix it well. Add the grilled paneer (cottage cheese) pieces, dried fenugreek leaves ( dried Kasuri methi leaves), and simmer the gravy for 4-5 more minutes.
7) Remove the pan from heat and garnish with freshly chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves on top.
8) Serve with cauli rice.
Calories: 241 kcal
Net carbs: 4 g
Protein: 7 g
Fats: 22 g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.