Forget chips. Forget sweet potato fries. And try these amazing halloumi fries! Keto Halloumi fries are effortless, cheesy, sturdy, and perfect for layering on all sorts of delicious toppings. The crunchy surface of the halloumi fresh out of the frying pan, the spice from serranos complimented with the taste-bud soothing cilantro mint sauce.
This recipe is super effortless too and gives you the option to dress yours up however you’d like. We have used Indian toppings, but could you adjoin jalapenos and guac for a Mexican twist, or keep it 100% Mediterranean and throw some olives.
Plus, Halloumi is favored by vegetarians looking for something that can supersede meat from a textural point of view. It is organically high-fat cheese, so comes with a fair few calories.
- Frying Pan
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 200 grams Halloumi
- Cilantro mint sauce or marinara sauce
- Seasoning- cajun or peri-peri
- Dice the desired amount of Halloumi sticks (generally 8 from a 225g block)
- Season before placing in the frying pan
- Warm the coconut oil in a frying pan – it will melt quickly!
- Roll over the fries until golden brown on all sides
- Drain the fries on kitchen roll paper
- Serve and enjoy!
- Calories: 107
- Carbs: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Fat: 8.7g
This really is such a quick and uncomplicate recipe to make! These Keto Halloumi Fries make for a great appetizer or finger food to serve guests. Also, they are a fabulous treat on their own, dipped in sauce or used as a side dish to a meal. The cheese is very easy to dice – either cut into fries or even slabs.