Wish to get some Italian cuisine into your diet? Perfect! Because today we will be preparing a unusual Italian appetizer that would surely be a hit on your dinner table. It’s Keto fried mozzarella sticks. They are considered appetizers but go well as a side dish with drinks, too.
It can be your go-to snack to satisfy your cravings, a delectable method to start your low-carb party or just a mini addition to your main course.
To prepare these keto-fried mozzarella sticks, we will only make use of keto-approved ingredients so you wouldn’t have to worry about gaining weight while enjoying this dish.
- 6 pieces string cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt coarse Kosher salt works best
- Cut string cheese in half crosswise.
- Beat 1 egg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Line almond flour, coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in a zipper sandwich bag. Shake bag to blend.
- Immerse each piece of mozzarella into the beaten egg and then coat it by shaking it in the sandwich bag. Freeze for at least one hour.
- Warm the oil in a small frying pan. The temperature of the oil should be about 325-375°F. Higher heat tends to brown too quickly with cheese melting out. Use an air fryer by setting a temperature of about 370 to 400°F for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cook each coated piece of mozzarella in the hot oil to get browny from all the sides. Enjoy!
- One serving gives three cheese sticks.
- Salt can be adjusted to taste.
- For a double coating: Glaze and freeze, then take them out and coat them and freeze them again for at least 30 minutes before frying.
Nutrition Info Per Serving :
- Calories: 207
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
Keto fried mozzarella sticks are an easy kid-friendly low-carb snack or appetizer. Keep some of these keto sticks in the freezer for immediate snack cravings.