This Keto Creamy Mushroom soup uses cream cheese to beautifully thicken this delicious soup. The low-carb, high-fat proportions are perfect for a ketogenic lifestyle. If you’ve been scouring the groceries for the cream of mushroom soup, then you’re in luck.
This recipe is easy to make and easy on the carbs. It’s Only 5.6g net carbs per serve. Here’s how you can make this Keto Creamy Mushroom soup you love and avoid all the unnecessary carbs and ingredients in regular canned soup.
We’ve all gone down the aisle where the readymade, canned soups are before and didn’t think twice about it. We would have them for lunch or dinner alongside our favorite bread and we were satisfied with how it tasted and filled us.
I understand how much easier it is to just open a can of soup, but there are so many upsides to making it yourself. You don’t have to worry about BPA and other toxins getting in your soup because of the can itself, for example.
Soups in cans can contain a lot of sodium – way more than you need! And then there are the preservatives and other additives. The wonderful thing about making your cream of mushroom soup is that it’s a great way to sneak in more vegetables in your diet.
1) 100 g mushrooms
2) 20 g onions
3) 3 g Garlic
4) 2 tbsp coconut oil
5) 1 tbsp Butter
6) 1 tsp Cream
7) Pink Himalayan salt to taste
8) ½ tsp pepper
9) 60 ml of coconut milk
1) Chop onions, set aside. Chop mushrooms in 1 cm pieces and warm a medium-sized pot on medium-high heat.
2) Add the coconut oil and butter to the pot and once the butter melts, add in the onions. Cook for approximately 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) The onions at this point should start to brown on the edges, if so, add 1/4 cup water and stir, if not, continue cooking until starting to brown and then add the water.
4) This helps with the caramelization process. After adding the water, cook the onions for an additional 3 minutes as the water evaporates. The onions should be visibly translucent with some browning too.
5) Add the chopped mushrooms and stir, cook for about 7 minutes and add 2 pinches of salt to help bring the water out of the mushrooms.
6) Once the mushrooms are cooked, add coconut milk.
7) Let the soup come to a simmer and then lower the heat to medium-low and add all of your spices. Continuously and carefully stir in an 8 shape to avoid a film from forming.
8) After about 15 minutes, your soup is ready! Taste and add more salt and pepper to your liking.
9) Drizzle cream over the soup.
10) Serve your Keto Creamy Mushroom Soup and enjoy it!
Calories- 486 kcal
Carbohydrates- 3 g
Protein- 5.6 g
Fats- 50 g
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.