Barfi is rather a rich and dense milk-based sweet from our land of India, a type of sweet that can make you go nuts. The delicious Coconut barfi is a smooth and traditional Indian sweet that’s made in almost all parts of the country. These are also very easy to execute and just require a few ingredients.
So here’s how we make a keto version of it. These coconut bars are lovely to make and complete for your sweet cravings. Very creamy, soft, and very close to the original.
Indian Keto Coconut Bars
- 100g of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 320 ml of unsweetened coconut milk
- 100g of ghee
- 4 tbsp of Erythritol
- 1 tsp of cardamom powder/ elaichi powder
- 10-20 of saffron threads
- Optional: top with chopped almonds
- Grab a bowl and mix the shredded coconut with 300 ml (1 1/4 cup/ 10.1 fl oz) of coconut milk. Put this mixture aside for 30 minutes.
- Append remaining 20 ml (0.7 fl oz) coconut milk; add the saffron threads and the erythritol. Blend it properly for the sugar to dissolve.
- Following 30 minutes, heat a wok and melt the ghee in it. Now add the coconut mixture, and keep mixing ensuring the flame is at low and the mixture does not stick to the surface. Abide mixing for 5-7 minutes.
- Affix the Elaichi / cardamom powder and cook the mixture for another 5 minutes.
- Get a baking tray/ barfi tray (I used a 16 cm/6.3-inch square baking tray), butter it, and spread the mixture evenly, up to 1 cm thick. You can also top with chopped almonds and gently press them in. Freeze it for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Dice small squares according to your own liking and the barfi is ready. Chill for up to 5 days or if too soft, freeze for up to 3 months.
- Calories- 130
- Carbs- 2.9g
- Fat- 12.1g
- Protein- 2.2g
Indian coconut bars or coconut burfi are a popular sweet which is traditionally made with sugar, coconut, and milk. Here is a keto version of it to snack on. Make these Indian keto coconut bars and add flavor and taste to your meals.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!