Everyone loves these keto cinnamon rolls! With simple ingredients ready in 40 minutes, and they’re totally delicious. For an amazing low-carb dessert or keto breakfast, try this keto cinnamon rolls recipe.
It’s nice to have a break sometimes, and what better than a keto dessert? It’s longer than most recipes, but it really isn’t a lot for cinnamon rolls. Most cinnamon roll recipes take at least 1 hour!
There are multiple ways to make fathead dough, most commonly with either almond flour or coconut flour. For these keto cinnamon rolls, you can test avoiding a specialty flour altogether. People don’t always have them around.
You can use Macadamia Nuts as an alternative for the rolls. They increase fats and reduce the carbs, compared to using coconut or almond flour. That’s a great thing for keto cinnamon rolls!
- 2 cup Macadamia nuts
TOOLS TO MAKE FATHEAD CINNAMON ROLLS:
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowls
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Pan
HOW TO MAKE KETO CINNAMON ROLLS
The procedure for how to make keto cinnamon rolls is similar to fathead bagels and fathead pizza.
- Run macadamia nuts through a food processor first, to make fine crumbs.
- Unlike pizza and bagels, the dough for fathead cinnamon rolls is sweet. Put in some erythritol and baking powder, then eggs and vanilla.
- Heat the mozzarella and cream cheese until you can stir them together in the microwave.
- Add this to the food processor, pushing it down, and process to form the dough. Sometimes you have to pause and push the cheese toward the blade to mix well.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 1 hour before moving on because it will be too sticky to work with right away.
- Roll the dough into a plane between two pieces of parchment paper. Using some melted butter to coat the dough can help make it less sticky.
- Time to add the filling for our low-carb cinnamon rolls! Brush the rectangle with more melted butter, then sprinkle with a mixture of erythritol and cinnamon.
- Roll the rectangle into a log. This can be a little tough, so cover your hands with more melted butter as you roll, carefully peeling the dough away from the parchment as you go along. If you get any cracks, just seal them back together.
- Slice the log into pieces and place them onto a lined baking pan, so that they are almost touching.
- Pay attention to the spacing here! Fathead cinnamon rolls will flatten and rise during baking. Placing them too close together won’t give them room to flatten, but too far apart and they will spread instead of rising.
- Bake the keto cinnamon rolls for about 20-25 minutes, until they are nice and golden. It’s important to let them chill a bit before adding icing, not until they are cold of course, but until warm and not hot. Partly this is because they need to firm up at the end, and also to prevent the icing from soaking in.
Fathead cinnamon rolls are so worth the wait!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!