Our Keto Basil Chicken is quick, delectable, and easy to follow. Thai Basil Chicken is one of the favorite Thai dishes of most people.
Basil Chicken is one of the most renowned street foods in Thailand. A simple stir fry of chicken with chilies, garlic, shallots, and fresh basil is all that’s in this incredible dish. Traditionally, Thai chicken is not diet-friendly.
But you can prepare your own keto basil chicken using a keto sweetener. The low-carb ingredients are economical which makes this recipe perfect for meal preps. This dish is quick to whip up. Enjoy it for lunch, dinner, or both!
It’s normally served with rice and a fried egg. On Keto though we’ll serve it with lettuce cups or cauliflower rice. It’s an immensly savory dish and will definitely spice up your Keto Meals. Enjoy!
- 500g ground chicken
- 5 garlic cloves
- 10g shallots
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Erythritol or Keto Sweetener
- Salt to taste
- Grind together the garlic cloves, shallots, and red chilies.
- Heat the chicken fat in a shallow pan and once it’s nice and hot fry up the ground garlic, shallots and chilies.
- Adjoin in the ground chicken once the garlic turns brown and cook. Keep whisking the mixture and break up the chicken so that it doesn’t clump up together.
- Add in the fish sauce, soya sauce, and sweetener. Also, season with salt and white pepper.
- At one time, the chicken starts releasing its liquid cook till the sauce is almost dried out.
- Shut off the heat and add in the fresh basil and mix well till the basil wilts down.
- Serve in lettuce cups with a deep-fried egg.
- For the fried egg just cook in a pan on high heat till the edges turn nice and crispy. Make sure there is plenty of oil in the pan. You are pretty much deep-frying the egg.
Nutritional Information Per Serving :
- Calories: 291 kcal
- Carbs: 4g
- Fat: 21g
- Protein: 23g
We love this recipe of Keto Basil Chicken and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle.