Planning to cook something special tonight? Well, take notes as we have Keto Baingan Ka Bharta on the menu! We usually assume that we have very few Indian Vegetarian options for low-carb meal scheme but that’s not true! This recipe is one of the best tasty options when you are on a Ketogenic or low-card Dietary scheme as it is easy and quick that can be prepared by using simple ingredients.
Ketones balanced Baingan Bharta is an easy to make vegan, ketogenic friendly, and gluten-free recipe from India. ‘Baigan’ also known as Aubergine or Eggplant is a highly nutritious vegetable. Moreover, an eggplant is also low in carbs making it extremely keto-friendly. This makes it a delicious addition to ones keto diet. In its essence, “baigan ka bharta” is merely Aubergine roasted over fire and then mashed nicely, stir-fried in garlic, onions, tomatoes and spices to make a very flavorful side dish. As mentioned before, Aubergines are incredibly versatile and can be easily incorporated into your meal list.
It can be baked, roasted, grilled, or sautéed and enjoyed with a drizzle of olive oil and a quick dash of seasoning. It’s a great substitute for all those high carb ingredients so indirectly it helps in reducing your net carb and calorie intake, all while increasing the fiber and nutrient content of your meal so it’s a perfect option for all the ketone monitoring lovers out there.
So here’s an easy to follow and easy to cook recipe to help you cook a delicious pan full of “baigan ka bharta” in the comfort of your own home!
1) 300 gm Aubergine
2) 50gm onion
3) 100gm tomato
4) 10gm garlic
5) 2 Tbsp ghee
6) 1 Tbsp butter
7) ½ Tsp Salt
8) ¼ Tsp Turmeric
9) ¼ Tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
10) 1 Green chilly
11) Salt to taste
12) Cilantro/Coriander for garnish
1) Start by poking holes in the Aubergine skin with a knife and also make a few gashes and stuff with the garlic.
2) Roast the aubergine over the stove or in the oven for about 10-15minutes.
3) Once done, cover and let it cool. De-skin it once it has cooled and chopped it roughly till you have it properly mashed .
4) Heat the ghee in a saucepan and fry the onions. Season with some salt.
5) Once the onions have browned slightly add in a chopped green chilly and the tomato.
6) Add in your turmeric and chili powder and cook for about 5 minutes till the tomatoes break down. (Add water if needed, but only a little) .
7) Add in the nicely roasted and mashed aubergine, season it with salt, and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
8) Garnish with coriander and a full tablespoon of butter and serve with a Ketone balanced roti/naan.
9) Serve well and enjoy it with your family.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
The main ingredient of this Ketogenic Baingan Ka Bharta is the eggplant. It is an excellent option for vegetarians. The recipe is roasting it with a few other ingredients to serve as the main course.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. Now that it’s made so easy for you, what’s your excuse now? Get started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss stories, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Ketogenic Lifestyle!