Sometimes you just need to cheat a little. Go for pizza night, for instance. Making a pie from gash can be a total drag since it takes forever and can kill your efforts to eat wholesome in one bite. Instead, make this crustless eggplant pizza recipe.
The recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, and takes less than 60 minutes to prepare. Don’t worry, plenty of cheese is still involved. Also, Eggplant is a veryfair source of dietary fiber, vitamin B1, and copper, manganese, vitamin B6, niacin, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- 1 large Eggplant,
- 1 Tbsp. ( Salt
- 1 Large Tomato
- Garlic powder
- Italian Herbs Mix
- Pizza Cheese Mix
- a sprinkle of dried basil
- Olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- Rinse then cuts thicker part of the eggplant into approximately 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices; maybe just a little thinner. Pour water into a large bowl and add salt. Dip eggplant slices in that water for 10 minutes.
- While eggplant is soaking, wash and slice tomatoes into thin slices.
- Remove eggplant slices out of the water and place them on a clean, dry paper towel or cotton kitchen towel. While you are detaching them out of the water try to squeeze water out without breaking a slice, then place on a dry towel; tap dry eggplant slices so you take out as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C /gas moderate hot)
- Spread olive oil on the bottom of the baking pan and place eggplant slices first, brush just a little bit of oil on each, then add slices of tomato, mizzle to your taste garlic powder and Italian herb mix, adjoin cheese on top, and fresh or dry basil. Drizzle a little olive oil on each.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Check and see if it needs an extra 5 minutes. The cheese needs to be fully melted and when you chop in the whole thing in the middle it should not be too much liquid. A little moisture, but not that is dripping
Nutrition Info Per Serving :
- 257 calories
- 20g fat
- 13g carbs
- 8g protein
- 8g sugars
Try this fun recipe for Crustless Eggplant Pizza Slices as a snack or light meal! We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!