The ever cheesy Cauliflower Mac And Cheese is the perfect comfort food around. Especially, when you’re craving macaroni and cheese without the pasta on Keto! It is also less in carbs and each bowl has a healthy amount of vegetables and protein at the same time!
Doesn’t cauliflower make a wonderful replacement in recipes? Much like low-carb mashed potatoes, so why not right into macaroni and cheese!? So we bring you a cheesy delight that will restrain, if not eradicate that obstinate flab.
And we promise you that it would taste just as pleasant as its fattening sibling. So with no further ado, let us dive right into the Baked Cauliflower Mac And Cheese for the calorie-conscious, with loads of veggie and protein nutrition.
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar, divided (reserve 1/2 cup for topping)
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- First, heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Then bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Now season the water with salt.
- Sprinkle an 8×8 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Roast the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Spend well and place back into the hot pot for a few minutes.
- Now transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set it aside.
- Then, bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth.
- Now beat in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Exclude from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine.
- Coat with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Let it get cool for about 5 minutes then serve.
We completely are in love with this course and we hope that you will feel the same after you eat it. So for more such amazing and delicious keto recipes, stay tuned with us. Do follow us on our Instagram Handle and subscribe to our Youtube Channel!