Somewhere between a quad-burning, sweat-lathered sprint and a leisurely stroll, there’s a sweet spot known as the jog. Jogging is a popular form of physical activity. Jogging is a form of sustained running or trotting at a steady and slow pace. It is much slower than running but is faster than walking. Jogging is an inexpensive and very easy exercise. It is suitable for all types of age groups. The benefits of jogging are numerous-
Benefits of Jogging-
Helps in Weight loss-
Yes, yes, and yes. Jogging does help in burning calories and losing weight. Jogging is an aerobic exercise that helps in boosting the body’s metabolism. And we know that with a higher metabolism, burning fat becomes easier and faster. And hence it helps in losing weight more effectively.A half-hour jog easily burns around 300 calories.A healthy diet along with regular jogging will melt those extra inches that you have always wanted to shed. Jogging not only burns fat but also helps you maintain your weight.
Improves bone strength-
The benefits of jogging is that it maintains bone health. When you begin jogging, the bones experience some amount of stress and load. Jogging prepares the bones to bear this additional stress which it starts to endure on a regular basis. Jogging strengthens the bones and prevents bone trauma and injuries. It improves bone thickness and wards off problems like osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. It also makes the bones of the hip and the spine stronger.
Keeps your mind healthy-
Jogging plays a major role in improving the mental health of the person. When you jog, your body releases hormones called endorphins that help lift your spirit and make you feel positive about yourself. And that is why you feel calm and rejuvenated after jogging.
Strengthens your Immune System
– Jogging promotes not just physical but also mental well-being. Jogging makes you stronger and fights depression and stress. It removes fatigue, boosts the production of white blood cells in the body and builds up immunity.
- Helps to relieve stress– Jogging helps to soothe and calm the mind. It reduces stress and tension and also clears the mind of unnecessary thoughts. Jogging has a positive impact on people and changes their attitudes and outlook for the better.
Good for your heart-
Jogging is an excellent cardiovascular workout that boosts the health of your heart. It helps to keep heart problems and diseases at bay. Jogging ensures that blood is pumped faster to the heart and, thus, maintains blood pressure. Cholesterol and blood glucose levels are also under control.
Helps you live longer
-No amount of exercise is going to make you live forever, but low-intensity jogs two or three times a week—for a total of 60 to 145 minutes for the week—were found to be the best way to increase longevity, according to research published in The Journal of the American College of Cardiology. More specifically, jogging could reduce your risk of dying from any cause by 30 percent, and from a heart attack or stroke by 45 percent, reports one scientific review.
Makes you sleep better-
You probably already know that regular exercise can help you sleep through the night and improve the quality of that sleep. In fact, people who slept less than six and a half hours a night reported logging an extra 75 minutes of sleep per night (more than any drug, FYI) after performing moderate-intensity workouts like running or walking, a study published in the journal Sleep Medicine found. Separate research published in the Journal of Adolescent Health determined that just 30 minutes of running during the week for three weeks was enough to boost sleep and decrease sleepiness during the day.
Health and Safety Tips to Remember for your Jogging Sessions-
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- You must increase your fluid intake and drink lots of water.
- Make sure you wear an appropriate pair of shoes.
- Take 2 rest days in a week.
- If you’re a beginner, start with brisk walking for at least 2-3 weeks, then increase your workout time and start jogging for 30minutes per session.
- Never eat immediately before or after the run.
- Carry your cellphone with you.
- Inform a family member or friend before you go jogging. Also, tell them where you intend to go and when you would return.
- Do not play very loud music on your headphones or earphones. Be alert.
- Do not venture into deserted roads and areas for jogging.
- Raise an alarm or call for medical help if you hurt yourself while jogging.
- Take proper sleep.
- Jog in multiple directions. Try interval jogging.
- Make sure you warm-up for 10minutes before jogging.
Weight loss or even just maintaining good health cannot be achieved with exercises or diet plans alone. Both go hand in hand. That is why it is always important to include a form of physical exercise into your daily routine. Now that you know the benefits of jogging, you must not waste time and start with your jogging sessions right away.
To lose weight, transforming yourself into a healthier version, and maintaining the weight, subscribe to Keto India for a personalized keto consultation. Good luck on your weight loss journey! Stay tuned for more such health content! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of Ketogenic Diet, Health, and Wellness!