Who would have thought? You can cook your eggs right in avocados for a decent breakfast option to start your day off right! Baked eggs in avocado might be the most nutritious, simple, and fast breakfast.
Avocado and eggs come together quickly for a low-carb breakfast made with just two ingredients. Avocado is a fruit and they are packed with heart-healthy good fats. Eggs, on the other hand, are Economical, high-quality protein among many different vitamins and minerals.
And when you combine these two elements, this becomes one of my favorite breakfast options. Not only are they easy to prepare but they are packed full of everything you can need for a healthy sustainable breakfast.
Finish the avocados with colorful toppings for a delicious weekend brunch that the whole family will love.
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup bacon bits(55 g)
- 1 cherry tomato, quartered
- 1 sprig fresh basil, chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Place them on a baking sheet and scoop out some of the flesh to make a bigger hole.
- Break one egg into each hole and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with your favorite toppings and oven- bake for 15 minutes or until yolk reaches the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, as desired.
- Enjoy your Baked Eggs in Avocado!
- Make sure your avocados are at room temperature and not froze.
- Use large eggs.
- Keep the avocados upright and level by using a small baking dish or a muffin tray.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving :
- Calories- 271
- Fat -21g
- Carbs -7g
- Fiber- 5g