If you have love for Indian food and consume it on a regular basis, you should know that we love eating curries. Now the great thing is, our love for curries is not limited only to Indian one’s but also extends to curries from all around the world. They are filled with herbs, spices and an array of strong flavorful ingredients. A piece of good news for all the curry lovers out there looking to start with a Keto diet, a lot of them are KETO-FRIENDLY!!! So, here’s a list of 5 Keto curry recipes that are easy to follow and cook.
One thing that we can assure you is that these Keto curry recipes will help satisfy your hunger for healthy and delicious Keto food!
Here Are Some Delicious Keto Curry Recipes!
Coconut Chicken Curry
- Coconut oil (3 tbsp)
- Chicken thighs preferable cut into cubes (900g)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- Minced ginger (1 inch)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- Garam masala (1 tsp)
- Curry powder (4 tsp)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Tomato paste (2 tbsp)
- Coconut milk (400ml approx. value)
- Chopped cilantro (½ cup)
- 1 lime (Wedged)
- In a pot heat the coconut oil over a medium flame and add onions once the oil is well heated. Cook the onions for about 8-10mins
- Once the onions are nice and golden, add the ginger and garlic into the pot and cook with the onions for about a minute. Now add the garam masala, curry powder and salt and cook for about 2 mins.
- Once the spices are nice and fragrant, add in the tomato paste, coconut milk and chicken and stir the curry on a medium flame until it starts to bubble. As the curry starts to bubble, turn the flame low and let the pot simmer until the chicken cooks (20-25mins).
- Garnish the curry with the chopped cilantro and lemon wedges and serve hot!
Calories: 564 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2.7mg
Vegan Keto Coconut Curry
- Vegan butter (¼ cup)
- ½ green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 thinly sliced scallions (separate white and green parts and keep aside)
- 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- Vegan red curry paste (2½ tbsp)
- 1 medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- Unsweetened full-fat coconut milk (1½ cups)
- Vegetable stock (1 cup)
- Vegan protein powder (2 tbsp, not flavoured)
- Unsweetened peanut butter (2 tbsp)
- Liquid stevia (4 drops)
- Sea salt (1 tsp)
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- extra-firm tofu, medium dice (450g)
- baby spinach (1 cup)
- chopped fresh cilantro (¼ cup)
- coconut oil (4 tbsp)
- Melt the butter in a large pot, preferable over medium heat. Once the butter is well heated, add in the bell pepper, scallion whites and garlic and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Now add in the red curry paste and stir continuously while letting it cook for 1 minute.
- Now add into the pot the zucchini, carrot, coconut milk, vegetable stock, protein powder, peanut butter, stevia, salt and black pepper, bring to a boil and then let the pot simmer uncovered on medium-low heat for about 9-10 mins till the vegetables are nice and tender.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add in the tofu and let it cook for about 5 mins. Now add the spinach and cilantro into the pot.
- Once the spinach and cilantro wilt, serve the curry hot.
Servings: 4 | Calories: 425 kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 33g | Sugar: 2g
Keto Butter Chicken
- Chicken breast cubed (680g approx.)
- Garam masala (2 tbsp)
- Grated ginger (3 tsp)
- minced garlic (3tsp)
- Whole milk plain Greek yogurt (400ml approx.)
- Coconut oil (1 tbsp)
- Ghee/butter (2 tbsp)
- 1 onion
- Ginger grated (2 tsp)
- minced garlic (2 tsp)
- Crushed tomatoes (420ml approx.)
- Coriander powder (1 tbsp)
- Garam masala (½ tbsp)
- Cumin (2 tsp)
- Chilli powder (1 tsp)
- Heavy cream (½ cup)
- Salt (As per taste)
- Place the chicken breast (cubed) into a large bowl. Add in 2 tablespoons of garam masala, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic to the chicken. Add the yogurt and mix well with the chicken and spices. Once marinated, refrigerate the chicken for a minimum of 30 mins.
- Now moving on to the sauce. In a blender, add in the onion, ginger, garlic, crushed tomatoes and spices and blend until smooth. Once blended smooth, set the mixture aside.
- Now, heat the oil (1 tbsp) in a pan on a medium-high flame. Pour the marinated chicken (along with the marinade) into the pan and cook well for 3-4 mins. Now, pour in the sauce and cook for 5-6 mins. One done, add in the heavy cream and ghee and cook & stir well for a minute. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot!
Calories: 293 kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 278mg | Potassium: 724mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 697IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2mg
Shrimp Keto Curry
General (Shrimp Marinade):
- Large shrimp, peeled and deveined (450g approx.)
- Lime juice/ Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Diced Onion (½ cup)
- Minced garlic (2 cloves)
- Curry powder (1 tbsp)
- Ground ginger (1 tsp)
- Ground cumin (½ tsp)
- Pink Himalayan salt (½ tsp)
- Black pepper (½ tsp)
- 1 can of coconut milk/cream (400ml approx.)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (¼ cup)
- Toss the shrimp with the other marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for about 10 mins.
- On a medium flame, heat the butter in a medium sized pan. Add in the onions and cook for 3-4 mins. Once the onions soften, add in the garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook for about 60 seconds.
- Slowly stir in the coconut milk and let it simmer for about 4-5 mins whilst stirring occasionally.
- Now add in the marinade shrimp that was set aside and cook the curry well for about 3-4 mins. Once the shrimp is well cooked (pink) serve hot in a bowl with a garnish of chopped cilantro.
Calories: 333 kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 22g
Keto Thai Chicken Curry
- Chicken fillets (diced, 500g)
- Finely chopped shallots (2 medium-sized)
- Grated carrot (1 medium-sized)
- 1 can of coconut milk (400ml approx.)
- Ground turmeric (1 tsp)
- Dried chilli pods (4)
- Ginger (1 tsp, ground)
- Coriander powder (½ tsp)
- Black pepper (¾ tsp, ground)
- Extra virgin olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Fish sauce (1 tbsp)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Salt (a pinch/ as per taste)
- In a large pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil on a medium flame. Once heated, add in the shallots and cook until nice and golden. Now add all the spices and cook until they’re fragrant.
- Add in the chicken to the pan and cook for a few minutes whilst stirring frequently until the chicken starts to turn slightly golden on the outside.
- Now add in the coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce and grated carrot and mix well. Let the pot simmer for about 10-15 mins until the gravy looks nice and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning (spiciness and consistency). as per taste
- Before serving, remember to remove the lime leaves and the chilli pods.
- Serve hot!
Calories: 388 kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.8g | Fiber: 1.1g | Net Carbohydrates: 6.7g | Protein: 28.3 | Fat: 28.1g
As promised, these were 5 delicious and healthy Keto curry recipes. These curries make an amazing addition to your Keto diet, adding a diverse array of flavours to it. Their rich and succulent flavours will not disappoint you so be sure to give them a try!