Basa is a white fish from Southeast Asia that’s an excellent source of high-quality protein and healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. Its cheap cost, mild taste, and flaky, firm texture make it popular worldwide.
Cook it in some greens and it’s a healthy keto friendly dinner. Drizzle any remaining butter and lemon over your greens and they are ready for you. We bring you 5 Best Basa Fish Recipes that you can enjoy on a Keto Diet.
Butter Lemon Basa Fish
- 300 gm basa fish fillet cut into pieces
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- To taste Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder optional
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1 tsp lemon
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream/ full fat milk
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tsp black Pepper powder
- to taste Sugar
- as needed Olive oil/butter for saute fry
- Basa fish pieces marinate with listed marinated ingredients and keep for at least 15 mins and get ready for butter lemon sauce.
- Saute fry fish pieces. Basa is very soft fish, so be careful when you flip it.
- First heat 1 tsp butter and add onions and garlic, fry untill onions translucent. Add wine heat up the flame and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Slow the heat, add rest of butter, and cream. Cook for 2 more mins. Before switch of the flame add lemon juice, black pepper and parsley, salt and sugar, fish pieces and cook 1 more min with high flame. Adjust seasoning as per taste.
- Garnish with some lemon slices. Enjoy hot with plain rice or pulao rice or fried rice.
Pan Grilled Basa In Creamy Herbed Sauce
- 5-6 Basa fillets
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-5 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon maida/all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian mix herbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh finely chopped perseley
- To taste salt and black pepper Powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- Marinate fish fillets with salt, pepper and lemon juice for 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon tablespoon butter in a tawa. Pan grilled the fish pieces till slight brown.
- In a wok heat 3-4 tablespoons butter.
- Add crushed garlic and suate a little bit.
- To this, add moida.
- Keep adding continuously so that there is no lump.
- Now, add milk and mix well.
- To this, add cream.
- Mix well at slow flame.
- Add all the herbs.
- Add salt, pepper according to taste.
- Now, add the fish pieces. Coat them well with the creamy sauce. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Basa With White Wine Sauce
- 1/2 kg basa fillet cut into 3 portions
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- 100 gm cherry tomato cut into halfed
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 100 ml white wine
- 2 tsp chopped basil
- As needed Olive Oil
- to taste Salt
- Marinate the fillet with 1 tbps lemon juice, 1 tbps pepper powder, 1tbps parsley and salt.Keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Grease the grill pan with some olive oil. Grill the fish until done. Approx 5-6 minutes.
- In a pan heat some olive oil and add the red chilli flakes, saute for half a minute.
- Now add the chopped garlic and saute till it’s fragrant.
- Add the cherry tomatoes now and saute for couple of minutes.
- Add 100 ml white wine and let the mixture come to a simmer on a medium flame.
- Now add chopped basil, 1 tbps lemon juice, 1 tbps pepper and salt. Simmer for couple of minutes and it’s done.
- Plate it as per your imagination. I grilled some spinach just to add a little greens to the dish.
Basa Machher Bhapa
- 3 pieces basa fish
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 tomato
- 5-6 pieces garlic
- 3 green chillies
- as per taste salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- as required mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard paste
- Add turmeric and salt into the fishes.
- Paste onion garlic,tomato, and chilli together.
- Fry the fishes.
- After frying in the oil add both paste and salt, turmeric and 1 bowl water and green chilli.
- Then cover it with a lid. After few minutes open the lid and add mustard oil (1 teaspoon) and you are done.
Basa Fish Fry
- 7 Pieces Basa Fish Fillet
- 3-4 Whole Red Kashmiri Chillies
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- as needed Few Peppercorns (Whole)
- 1/4 tsp Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- to taste Salt
- Wash the fish nicely.
- In a large mixing bowl add fish, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a blender, add red chillies, garlic, peppercorns, ajwain, white vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the fish and coat it nicely. Marinate it for few hours or overnight.
- In a frying pan, heat oil. When the oil is hot, gently place the fish in the pan and fry on both sides till the fish is cooked. Part of the fish was pan fried. See photo below.
- And part was fried in Air Fryer. Crispy from outside and tender and juicy inside. See photo below.
- Serve hot with onion rings and lemon.
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!